The Auckland Pride Board survived a no-confidence vote at the Thursday SGM by 52 votes (325 against, 273 for).
The result means the board remains, however, highlights the major divisions which remain. One the positives of this discussion is the visibility of issues been faced by marginalised groups in Rainbow Communities has increased. Now the Auckland Pride Board and both the supporters and distractors need to work on using that passion and energy for a positive change.
Some of the best reporting is by Andrew Whiteside and in particular these two articles:
- Read: The Board Has A Bigger Responsibility Now
- Listen: Auckland Pride Chair Talks About The SGM And The Video
More Reporting and Discussion
- The Spinoff: The complete history of Auckland Pride and the Police
- Radio NZ: Police dropped LGBTQI training two years ago, it has been revealed
- Stuff: Fire and Emergency NZ will not attend Auckland Pride Parade in 2019
- Express: Opinion: How Extremists Hijacked The Auckland Pride Board, Railroaded A Community And Demolished Our Parade
- Express: Auckland Pride Board Remain, After A Majority Vote Against No-Confidence Motion
- Express: Representing The Real Rainbow
- Express: Auckland Pride Chaos: Another Board Member Resigns; NZ Defence Force And Rainbow NZ Charitable Trust Pull Out Of Parade
- Star Observer: ‘We Are Fighting Each Other’: How Auckland Pride’s Uniformed Police Ban Is Causing “Internal Hate”